September 3, 2009

quietly drifting

©CNirvana
in between Avignon and Paris at 200 mph

French countryside whizzing by.  The passage of time trickles as we cruise in a seemingly straight line.  I watch my reflection against the passing green pastures and golden hillsides.  The sun disappears behind the clouds for a moment.  Just long enough to be missed and resumes it's duties of casting shadows and brightening the sky.  We duck inside the darkness where the journey seems to pause.  Funny how the light seems to control everything.  I steal pictures of the unknowing passengers that sleep dreamily waiting for their stop to come.  He slouches next to me grazing my shoulder.  I wonder if he'll realize that I'm a stranger or if he's just comfortable enough to stay that way.  I don't mind, I make a good pillow I suppose.  

No comments:

Post a Comment